Saturday, September 11, 2010

Origin

My typical drive to school every morning: I listen to Air 1 for a little inspiration or positive nuggets before spending my day with 60 third graders. I don't go to church anymore, so this is how I throw some religion into my life. Then I turn off the radio and say a quick prayer for the day. And pretty much every day, my prayer gets off track because I start questioning instead of repenting. My conversation ends up with, "Seriously, God - that just doesn't make sense." And thus the reason for the blog. I figured I'd get my thoughts recorded somewhere, and perhaps it'll help me in my quest for some answers.

What this won't be is a churchy, preachy, biblically sound, well-researched blog. I'm just trying to figure things out. I really do want to have some semblance of a relationship with God, but He doesn't make it easy. And I find that really annoying. This will probably sum up my meeting at the pearly gates:

1 comment:

  1. We could have a lot more to talk about now, then we ever did one day of my life in Midland Texas. Wish I had a do-over with a few people at a part of my life a bit more further along. Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete